Welcome to the HIAS Geography Moodle
Updated for January 2023 find a wealth of supportive resources and guidance to help you in the development of your curriculum and in subject specific pedagogy.
Want to be kept up-to-date?Click here to subscribe to our Geography site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from HIAS Geography. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Want further support?Contact Kate Broadribb the HIAS geography advisor via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The aims of the subject network meetings are to:
- Support effective subject leadership aligned to each school’s individual context.
- Develop skills and expertise within school subject teams and thereby increase capacity.
- Deepen understanding of subject specific pedagogy and knowledge that underpins good progress and attainment for ALL pupils.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the national picture and its application in local and school contexts, to include consideration of COVID 19 as appropriate.
- Facilitate school to school networking and develop strength across the system.
Common agenda items for these meetings:
- Sharing good practice and work.
- Development of subject specific knowledge and an understanding of strong progression and sequencing.
- Enhancing subject leadership.
- Structuring key stage 4 to ensure pupils are well prepared for the next phase of their education.
- Providing high quality key stage 3 provision that builds successfully on key stage 2.
- Ensuring all learning, including the most vulnerable (SEN and PP) are able to make excellent progress.
- Project work and other CPD opportunities and networks will continue and will involve in line with need.
Keyword Search: Secondary Geography Spring
Price: Sub £50 / SLA £35 / Full £60
Termly network meetings are aimed at those responsible for leading and managing geography in primary schools. Geography leaders will develop their subject knowledge and an understanding of strong progression and sequencing to support geography curriculum development in their school while gathering inspiring and creative ideas for leading and managing the teaching of outstanding geography.
Additionally, the network ensures coordinators have an effective forum to discuss and share approaches to curriculum implementation, assessment and monitoring and to be informed by current research.
These meetings will address arising themes such as developing fieldwork, assessment, and retrieval practice.
26 January 2023 – Basingstoke/Hart/Rushmoor
1 February 2023 – Eastleigh & Winchester
7 February 2023 – New Forest & Test Valley
28 February 2023 – Fareham & Gosport
2 March 2023 – Havant and East Hants
Search and book on the Learning Zone by using keyword search: Spring Primary Geography
Price: Sub £85 / SLA £60 / Full £102
We offer a variety of courses to help teachers and leaders in their careers. These cost-effective courses cover a wide range of topics and in all subject areas.
Please visit Geography Courses on the main menu on the right to view available courses and keyword searches to help you book on the Learning Zone.
Or visit Our Upcoming Training Offers for our complete training offer.
Learning Zone guidance
Our latest Learning Zone User Guide, can be accessed from our HIAS Moodle home page.
If you need to speak to a member of the HTLC bookings team, please email: email@example.com or call 01962 718600.
Please find attached an easy guidance document on how to access the Learning Zone and check that your email contact details are up to date so that you receive Learning Zone notifications. You can also find out more here about searching for specific learning offers and browsing our catalogue of training opportunities.